A. Research Log Entry – 4 points
1. I typed in “Pharmaceutical And Not Nursing”. I got 401 results and chose the 26th choice on the page.
a) Author, if given – Sloan, Frank A., Kasper Hirschel
b) Title – Incentives and Choice in Health Care
c) Edition, if given - none
d) Place of publication – Cambridge, MA
e) Publisher – MIT Press
f) Date of publication - 2008
2. Location – Book Stacks
Call Number – RA410 .I53 .2008
Status – New Book Shelf
3. Medical Economics
Medical Economics-United States
4. There are 87 for Medical Economics in the United States.
a) Do you have more or fewer entries with your subject heading search than with your keyword search? I have fewer entries. I now only have 87 to choose from.
b) As you examine these results, are they more on target than the results you retrieved from your keyword search? Yes.
c) Why? Because my results were narrowed down by the subject heading. Instead of typing in Pharmacy in general, in broke it down into more advanced research.
B. Research Log Entry – 1 point - Keywords are what you think up on your own and type into a database to find your answers. Subject headings are what humans actually assign to books and pages so that you can find things easier when searching
Yes, you get it. I think you might find that if you had an even narrower topic, you would find this process even more effective.
ReplyDelete